Professional Development: Business Resiliency 101 Series Seminar #1
Business Resiliency 101 Series (3 part series)-
Seminar #1 - Cybersecurity 101
Understanding the terminology and the basics that every small business needs to know about cybersecurity and have in place to prevent(or least mitigate) a cyber-attack.
Patrick R. Dunn
Senior Partner & Managing Director
Solaris Consulting Group
Patrick Dunn is a Management Consultant with nearly 25 years’ experience and has spent 15 years consulting at Fortune 100 companies, small businesses as well as federal and state government clients. He specialty is Business Resiliency Planning with a focus on Cybersecurity, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning. Patrick has been a keynote speaker at leading industry conferences such as DRJ, Continuity Insights, HIMSS as well publishing numerous whitepapers in industry publications. Patrick is native Mainer, is a proud graduate of the University of Maine at Orono and lives in Augusta with wife Lucie.
Who Should Attend:
Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, Business Executives, Nonprofits
What Will You Learn?
- Cyber attack can and do happen to businesses and governments of all sizes (even nonprofits) and is essential that they be prepared for this what-if situation.
- Attendees will learn what steps they should take to prepare, thwart and mitigate attacks
- Ransomware – to pay or not to pay
- Learn the acronyms that the news media, your technology providers and others use in cyber attacks
- Who to contact if you need help or have been attacked.
- Cyber Insurance - knowing what it does and does not cover, what your agent doesn’t tell you.
Seminar 2 - Disaster Recovery 101 will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Seminar 3 - Business Continuity 101 will be held on Tuesday, December 10, 2019